Akoya Capital welcomes new healthcare technology operating partner, Brian Bussey
October 26, 2017, Chicago, IL – Akoya Capital Partners, LLC (“Akoya Capital”), a sector-focused private investment firm, is pleased to announce the addition of Brian Bussey as an Operating Partner. Mr. Bussey is working with Akoya Capital’s investment team to identify and evaluate new investment opportunities across the healthcare technology space.
With more than 20 years of executive experience, Mr. Bussey brings a wealth of strategic and operational expertise. Previously, Mr. Bussey served as CEO of HCPro, a leading provider of healthcare regulatory compliance education, information and consulting services. Prior to HCPro, Mr. Bussey was an executive at Elsevier, a unit of RELX Group, where he launched and led its clinical solutions division. In addition to driving rapid organic growth, Mr. Bussey led the successful acquisition and integration of multiple healthcare technology companies.
“Brian has a proven track record of driving innovation and value creation in the healthcare space,” said John Regazzi, Managing Director and Professional Information Services Sector Leader. “Brian’s familiarity with private equity, coupled with his experience across the clinical, compliance, and revenue cycle segments of the healthcare market will be key assets to our firm.”
“I’m excited to join the Akoya Capital team and to build new platforms in the healthcare technology sector,” said Mr. Bussey. “As the healthcare landscape continues to shift, there are numerous opportunities to help providers and payers improve outcomes and create value.”
Mr. Bussey is actively pursuing acquisitions in Healthcare that meet the following criteria:
IDEAL TARGET COMPANY CHARACTERISTICS
- Segment/Target Customer – Providers or Payers
- Product/Service – Solutions providing content, data and or functionality to:
- Improve clinical quality, patient care and patient safety
- Improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards
- Enhance patient engagement, experience, and education
- Enable transition to value-based care payment models
- Technology – Cloud, SaaS, Mobile and/or Data Analytics
- Business Model – Subscription with recurring revenues
- Location – Headquartered in Continental U.S.
- Size – Companies generating EBITDA between $3 million and $10 million
About Akoya Capital
Akoya Capital Partners is a sector-focused private investment firm that creates and nurtures partnerships between management and capital and invests in middle market business with attractive growth prospects. We bring together industry leaders, investment worthy executives, and capital to execute organic and acquisition based strategies to create value for sellers, management, and investors.
Our sectors of focus include:
- Specialty Chemicals
- Industrial Products and Distribution
- Consumer Foods and Products
- Professional Information Services
If you know of a company that fits this profile, or would like to learn more about Brian’s background, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Brian Bussey, Operating Partner – email@example.com, 404-919-1174
Chris Peterson, Business Development Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-546-8301