Akoya is not reliant on one single funding source; we are not tied to a template of investment criteria. We are in a position to evaluate each opportunity on its own merits. In addition to investing our own capital, our co-investment partners are highly successful professionals within private equity firms, hedge funds and family offices, as well as high-net-worth individuals who understand the power of the CEO-based vision.
We use the following framework in our investment decisions:
- Platform companies with revenues from $15 to $150 million
- We target, but are not limited to, platform, as well as add-on investments in companies in:
In addition, we are also actively seeking add-on acquisitions in the Oil and Gas and Workplace Safety industries for our portfolio companies.
Our distinct competitive advantage comes from:
- An accomplished, industry-leading executive with relevant domain expertise and track record of success will create a distinct competitive advantage.
- A vetted, validated investment thesis that clearly articulates a significant opportunity in markets of particular interest to the co-investor.
Because we lead with the CEO’s investment strategy, we are open to a wide selection of marketplace opportunities. In addition to a buy and-build strategy, we also focus on growth strategies, as well as turnarounds.
* This list represents Akoya's overall requirements, but we are open to considering investment opportunities outside of these criteria.